As a disclaimer, this is Ryan’s post. My views on the Prop 8 issue are likely more passionate than Heather’s. She encouraged me to share with you what took place today; however, she is not reading this prior to me posting it.
I don’t do many blog posts and I try not to be very vocal about my political views with many outside my circle of friends, but I’m making an exception today. I will attempt to keep this fairly mild though.
I work for my father at Dickens Properties. In addition to corporate real estate brokerage we own and manage two self storage facilities in Long Beach and Los Angeles. Today we received three unprovoked attacks through our website from the “tolerant,” “stop the hate,” no on 8 protestors. Through the comments/feedback section of our website they sent the following messages. I have pasted them exactly how they were sent except that I have somewhat edited the profanity. Stop reading now if the profanity will upset you:
First Name: MY RIGHTS
Last Name:
Company Name:
Address Line 1:
Address Line 2:
City: HOLLYWOOD
State: CA
Zip Code:
Daytime Phone:
Fax:
E-mail Address:
Comments: F*** YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.. HOW CAN YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT.. A*****E..
First Name: Chris
Last Name: Kahn
Company Name:
Address Line 1: 23143 Napa Dr
Address Line 2:
City: Valencia
State: CA
Zip Code: 91354
Daytime Phone: 3109386049
Fax:
E-mail Address: Kahnchris@aol.com
Comments: Taking note of companies that support denying rights to other humans.
This was followed up moments later with another email that the virus protection software intercepted. “Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security detected and took action on a malicious email.” I have never received this message before and I can only imagine that it was a virus sent by one of these creeps.
Nice folks, huh? Does this sound like tolerance to you? Aren’t these people all about anti-hate? After all their angry public protests these people have only hurt their cause. If the people were to vote on this again today the margin of victory would be even bigger. Any sympathy that I felt for these people, which wasn’t much to begin with, is gone. The line has clearly been drawn in the sand.
I share this with you because we are being targeted for harassment and you could be next. Who knows how far they will go with this but we are being cautious. On a business level we never did anything to endorse Prop 8. Actually, we aren’t positive how we got on this list. Our best guess is that they are going through the list of individuals who donated money to the Yes on 8 campaign then do Google searches on those names. How many of you are on this same donor list? Just be careful. You could be the victim of a hate crime. Oh wait… that would only be the case if something happened to one of them. I keep forgetting that those laws only protect them.
The people have now voted TWICE in California and even this overwhelmingly liberal state doesn’t approve of gay wedding cake! We all have the exact same rights. There is no discrimination. We all have the right to marry a person of the opposite sex. Honestly though, I do fear that the country will eventually grow tired of this fight and they’ll give in, abandon society’s values and condone gay marriage. It becomes a very slippery slope. At that point as legal precedent will have been set that says if someone wants something, who are we to say that they can’t have it? With the same rationale that tolerates gay marriage, why not legalize polygamy? What will stop cousins from legally marrying? Better yet, why can’t a parent marry their 9-year old child? “After all, they are in love! We can’t stand in the way of people in love!” “It doesn’t hurt anyone.” These mobs need to grasp the concept that parents teach young children—just because you want something doesn’t give you the right to have it!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
NEWSFLASH: The people voted. YOU LOST! Give it up!
Posted by
Ryan
at
1:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 people are bringing sexy back:
I think I should add my two cents in this.
We need to remember that the people who are protesting and causing all these harrassements are not necessarily the viewpoints and actions of all the individuals involoved.
Much like not all Mormons have voted yes on Prop 8.
However, I find that the actions taken place yesterday towards Ryan and his company to be very disturbing. He had to let the managers of his facilities be aware of possible threats or riots. I think if they take it that far and disturb the employees and our customers it will be a very upsetting day.
I don't like feeling this way. I am scared for my Husband, my father in-law, my friends, his employees, and our customers.
Please everyone who has donated to Prop 8 be a little prepared for what may happen.
If more things carry on this way, I will be putting my blog on Private or leaving the blogging world. Just a heads up to you all!
AMEN and AMEN! Go Ryan...praying for you and your dad...and your company, this is just ridiculous.
Mariones estupidos.
This is ridiculous. Check out what else they're doing:
http://craftedclarity.blogspot.com/2008/11/gay-vigilantes.html
Well done Ryan. It's time to stand and not just be quiet (and we all know I can be loud too ;) )
My take on Prop 8, from Utah.
Amen, sister! Ridiculous!
Ryan, well put man. Totally agree with you.
Post a Comment