Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What a Great Day!!



Last week I had the time of my life! I was asked by my sis in-law if I would be willing to read to Austin and his class. Would I ever?!! Not only do I love reading those sweet children’s books, but I love spending time with my nephew Austin. I was jumping up and down with excitement.

It was so much fun. I went to his class only to find them all in their pajamas for pajama day. They had the lights turned off and all the kids had their heads bowed down (it was a surprise for the kids). I went and sat in the chair at the front of the room and they turned on the lights and the kids got to look up. The goal was to see who I "belonged" to. It was really sweet. I think Austin was a little shocked. He came up and gave me a big hug, then introduced me to his class. They were all so adorable but not nearly as cute as Austin!! Austin got to sit at the front of the room with me. I was a little nervous and had some moments of struggle, but it was a blast!! I wanted to stay there the rest of the day!

I read “Socks For Supper.” It was one of the books that my grandma read to me when I was little. I loved being able to relive the moments of hearing the book for the first time with the kids. They all had the sweetest giggles. This day will be in my top ten! Thank you Tawny and Austin for sharing that fun time with me!! I had an absolute blast!

3 people are bringing sexy back:

Unknown said...

You are like the cutest little woman EVER! I had to do a double take...kept thinking I know this little man. I am such a dork. I totally just photographed him. Isn't he just a little Dickens? You guys are adorable!

Heather said...

Kim: You are so nice!! Austin totally looks like a Dickens!! Your photos you took of all those kids are so cute!! Girl you have some talent!! Which is why I NEED you to teach me!!

Annelise said...

you are so darling!! i know those little girls were probably so excited to see a supermodel in their class! thats so fun that you get to have that relationship with your nephew. CUTE :)