Warning: This is another pity post.
Heather Dumpty sat on a wall.
Heather Dumpty had a great fall.
All the King’s horses and all the King’s men,
Couldn’t put Heather Dumpty back together again.
Heather Dumpty had a great fall.
All the King’s horses and all the King’s men,
Couldn’t put Heather Dumpty back together again.
I am broken. I have no confidence. My self esteem is shattered. I am a failure.
Ryan and I have spent the last 14 months going through infertility treatments (not to mention the previous 6+ years of this battle). The only thing I have to show for it is a bruised stomach and bum, a sharps container filled with needles, a depleted bank account, a bloated and sore body, a medicine cabinet that would impress a pharmacist, hormone acne, cottage fever, a dirty house, and the hardest of all … my aching empty arms. I am in major physical and emotional pain. I am a disappointment to myself and my family (even though Ryan disagrees).
We have decided to take our hat out of the ring. We are done. I think coming to terms with the fact that I will never have children will be harder than going through another miscarriage. But we have tried just about everything that we are open to trying. There comes a point where we need to say enough is enough . . . we can’t force something to happen.
I have had an inner battle with God over this subject. I questioned Him. I felt that it was harder to believe in Him knowing He is the one choosing this life for me. I am forever haunted by the “what ifs” and “why not’s.” Why would a loving God do this to us? Then I realized that I have a lot to be thankful for. I have a beautiful earth that I have been blessed enough to visit and see. I have a great family and wonderful friends. Best of all . . . I have an amazing compassionate husband that loves me. It may be rough right now . . . but I think I have it pretty good in this life. God does love me. My pains are His pains.
My very wise father told me that I might have a lesson that God is trying to teach me. I didn’t want to listen at the time. I figured I had learned it already. I was very wrong. I need to learn this lesson. It may be a lesson that will, in the end, help me come to terms with being childless, or maybe it will lead to us being parents. Either way I am looking forward to getting through this.
Also, Ryan and I have been through a lot. Please understand that we may not be open to discuss other alternatives or change our minds about trying to have a “family.” I am fine discussing the situation. I just hope that people will be respectful of our decision and have tact when talking with or about us.
One more thing. I have faith that I will be able to be with my children again. In the next life I will have the chance to raise them. They were very real and very much alive prior to the miscarriages. I have felt them live and I have seen their heartbeat. If your belief is different than mine then please keep it to yourself.
I am going to get better. This pain and sorrow will not be what defines me!! I only share this with you so that you might find the same strength that I am trying to find. I believe that everyone has obstacles to overcome. No one has it harder or easier than another. I still feel like I have a long way to go until I am able to function again. So if I am distant, sad, or not social, please understand that I am really struggling right now.
On that same note, I am going to get my life back this year. Ryan and I will go on our fun vacations again. I will lose all this weight I gained from having to take it easy. I am going to run a ½ marathon. Hopefully I will survive a half marathon . . . :)! I will finally be able to live without having to worry each month that I will kill another one of my babies.
Hopefully this will be my last pity party post, but I can’t promise anything.
There. I have said my piece. How was your holiday?

14 people are bringing sexy back:
HEATHER, I love you. I pray that you will find the answers you need, peace, and comfort during this difficult time. I understand you need time and space to heal, but PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do. I would love to be there for you in any way that I can. LOVE YOU, Kim
Oh Heather, I am so sorry for all of your pain. One miscarriage almost killed me, I can't imagine the pain you must be feeling. I am crying and praying for you. Remember that the Lord is mindful of you, and your day will come. Maybe not in a time frame we can comprehend, but it will come. I admire your faith and perserverance. Keep your chin up,babe. You're not disappointing anyone. I don't know if it's healing or painful for you to be around kids, but if you'd like, you are ALWAYS welcome to come play with us at our house!! (And bring "fluffy") =)
O I WISH I COULD COME OVER AND GIVE YOU A BIG HUGE HUG:)PLEASE TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED..KNOW THAT ALL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS ARE ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU:)YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH A LOT.. YOUR A BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL PERSON INSIDE AND OUT AND YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY:)CALL ME IF YOU WANT TO TALK OR JUST EMAIL IF YOU WANT.. I LOVE YOU AND YOU WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS..CAUSE YOU REMIND ME OF THE BABE!!!HA HA ARE YOU SAYING IT??? I HOPE SO:)
i wont say much here, but continue to know how much you are loved aand that so manh people care about you and just want you to be happy. i think you are doing the right thing by putting your faith in Heavenly Father, its the best you can do and will bring the peace that last. love you mucho, take all the time you need to get back to "normal"
Heather, I love you. I feel bad that this is the first time I saw this. Haven't visited blogs in a while. Didn't know you were going through this. I hope that I haven't offended or hurt you in any way in any of our discussions. I'm here for you and love you regardless. No need to "be happy" or pretend. Just be the cute "you". I wish you peace and love.
Heather, I wish there was some magic words I could say to take all this yuck away! I pray that the peace of your Heavenly Father's love and the love of your family and friends will wrap itself around you and Ryan. I have no doubt that this has been so hard on you both. All my love to both of you!!
It takes a lot to post so much private information, I hope it was somewhat a beginning to the healing process...You guys are in my thoughts and prayers as your road twists and turns. I hope you find the comfort, guidance and peace that you so desperately need.
Love you to pieces. Oh and your new background is AWESOME!
Totally here for you!
Keri
Heather, I love you and feel for you so much. I know how depressed I got during the long process to get pregnant, and it wasn't one ounce of what you've had to deal with through your life. I can't imagine what you are going through. I wish we were closer, distance wise, and I could do more for you. Please know that I will keep you in my prayers and I'm here if you need me.
Heather (and Ryan), you are an inspiration to us all whether you think so or not. I truly cannot even pretend to have empathy for something that I have not experienced, but I do see how you guys have been pressing on for so long. Sure its hard, but you give me strength every day because I know someone out there has had to endure worse than what I have. I know its probably not very comforting to hear someone acknowledging that your trials are harder than theirs, but it is true. I hope one day to be strong enough to be able to endure such things. 1 Corinthians 10:13 mentions temptations, but I would put the word "trials" in its place. Know that you are in our prayers. I know God loves us all and sometimes the hardest part in life is trying to understand (and accept) His will.
Heather, this is not a fun time or an easy decision to come to, but sometimes one has to to truly live! Hopefully this difficult decision will make it easier to live each day and enjoy the things you do have, although it is entirely and utterly unfair that you have to make these decisions. I wish I had some magic and comforting words, I do not...but know that I am here for you. To listen, to share, to laugh with and to love you! Prayers and hope that good things come your way regardless. Much love.
We have already talked, but just remember I love ya!
:)
I know we have already talked about what you've just posted, but reading about your pain brought me to tears. You are such a strong woman. I believe that our Heavenly Father DOES have a plan for you. Listen to your Dad, I agree with his wisdom. I love you, Heather, and look forward to our journey at the gym this year. :) Plus, your blog always looks amazing, you are SO fashion forward!
OOOOOO Cyber hugs! I wish I'd read this sooner! All of the comments above are so inspired! They say everything that I wanted to say. I'm still VERY confident that your time is coming. I agree with Erik, that you are an inspiration. You're in the refiner's fire. I'm glad you and Ryan have each other. I'm sure this has been challenging for you, but it's a trial you share and can feel the pain together as no one else can understand. I enjoyed reading his perspective too. That was really sweet. I know it sucks to wait to see that bigger picture, but it's coming. (I've been waiting 13+ years for my hubby to see it with the Gospel. I've got my strong days and my weak ones, but I KNOW it's coming. We have to keep the faith!) You ARE a family. And, I happen to completely agree with you that your babies are very real and alive. I have felt the spirit of the unborn very strongly. You are sealed. They are yours! This is getting too personal for a blog comment - sorry. But, I had to reassure you that I feel the same way! Prayers and hugs!!!OOOOOO
oh i cant even tell you how big of an idiot i feel like right now. Its 1:13 and im in my room thinking about getting ryan to go diving with me, and then i read something i had written and was thinking about starting a blog, then i typed blog and found this one that i had visited a long time ago....then it hit me.....i sent you that video of me in rei looking at strollers.. i feel so bad. i have wondered where you have been for so long but figured ryan would tell me if he thought i needed to know.
reading the other posts i am glad you have a great support group. i know i am way late in the game but let me just say that if ever a perfect mom, you would have been it to those lucky kids. i know sorry doesnt even begin......
Phill and Lauren
Post a Comment