I just have to do a quick shout out to this man of mine!! He is the best!! Here is how our night went the other night.
As a back story:
Our condo was broken into about a year ago, and lately there have been some teenagers hanging out on the side yard that is right next to the side of our condo (it is a very secluded area). They may be harmless. . .but I am paranoid. So when I open my window the next morning there is graffiti on it. At this point I am angry and scared. It just happens to be the same window that was broken into. So I am a nutcase at this point (not a difficult achievement). Needless to say I have been a little jumpy and scared.
What does my sweet husband do, he goes out and buys a security camera system!! But that's not all!!
Imagine it is 3:00 am and Ryan is sleeping peacefully where as I am awoken by a noise in the backyard. The temperature is at that perfect point where it is so nice to sleep with the window open with a stick preventing it to be pushed open by an intruder. I wake Ryan up as quietly as I can and tell him that I heard something. He gets up quietly and looks outside the window without moving the blinds. He then opens them wider to get a better look, then closes the window entirely and starts the AC up. He then hunkers back down to bed and comforts me and helps me fall back asleep!! Not once complaining that the paranoid wife is scared. . .again!! Such a good man!!
There have been so many times that I have woke him up from a nightmare and he never complains that his sleep is disturbed. He comforts me and makes me feel safe enough to go back to sleep.
Not only does he protect and keep me safe, but he is such a great person!!
He goes in and donates blood. He does the Apheresis, which is more involved, time consuming, and requires more specialized equipment (basically two units of red blood cells instead of the traditional one unit). I tried just the traditional donation once and I am still trying to talk myself into another round of it.
If he is approached by a homeless person he will take them to the nearest fastfood restauraunt and buy them a lunch/dinner. Or he will give them money.
He is so tender with the cats, fish, and hamster. . .we are still working on him liking Lacey!! ;)
He is so close and supportive of his friends and family!!
But best of all, he loves me and never lets a day go by to let me know that. I really married up!! I am the luckiest girl to have him. My goal in life is to make his life more enjoyable, make him feel more loved, and to be a better companion for him. I love you Ryan!!
Note to reader. . .sorry for the mushiness. . .he's worth it though!! ;)
Friday, May 16, 2008
What a Man, What a Mighty Mighty Good Man!!
Posted by
Heather
at
12:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 people are bringing sexy back:
I need to meet this guy! He sounds like tough competition. He's a lucky guy to have you say all those nice things about him though. I'm sure he really appreciates it (and you)!
Oh how sweet and how cute! Seriously precious though. I agree 100%- what a great guy!
♡ How scarry! I'm paranoid and too and we've never been broken into knock on wood! But I still freek out and I can't leave the windows open at night unless Joe is home and even then sometimes in the middle of hte night I have to close them...
He sounds like a great man!
Hi Heather,
This is off topic (and I do appreciate what a wonderful guy Ryan is!), but I just read on Tawny's blog that you went to Huntington Library! Let me know what you thought. I hope you had lovely weather. I heard they just reopened the building that had been under renovation for 2 years. Gotta get there soon.
Love, Nadine
Hey! I can't believe your house was broken into! I don't think I would EVER be able to open the windows after that. I am soooooooooo glad you have cameras now. It is sooooo nice that you have that peace of mind. RYAN, YOU ROCK! I want those, too, but Eric won't got for it yet.
I also read Tawny's blog about the field trip... you are the best aunt ever! It is so awesome of you to be so involved with your nieces and nephews. They are lucky to have you!
Heather you are sooo cute! I'm glad to have such a wonderful cousin-in-law! hehe! i didn't get your message until Saturday morning...i don't know how i missed it. Hope you guys had fun at the game! Let us know if you have any more openings coming up...we'd love to join you guys!
You are lucky to have Ryan.. John has to do that kind of stuff for me all the time...If he wasn't home i'd always call to tell him to come home and check out this noise or that... But, now that I've got my own gun I'm a little better about the late night calls to come home... not to mention my nunchuck skills.
You guys are SO freaking cute. I love when you get all mushy. It is the best.
DANG KIDS!!! YOU NEED A PAINT BALL GUN!! THAT IS CRAZY. WELL HE SOUNDS LIKE A KEEPER.. I'M SO GLAD YOUR HAPPY!!!
PS. THE WORD VERIVICATION IS WEIRD AS HELL WISH ME LUCK...
Post a Comment