Today Lacy went to the groomers for the first time since we dyed her. She needed it bad!
I was a stress case, I thought for sure they were going to brow beat me for dying her hair pink!! I was trying everything in my power to convince Ryan that he should drop her off instead of me. I figure he is much better with conflicts and confrontation than I am. I avoid them. Yes, I am a wimp!!
Needless to say, I called and explained it to the groomer over the phone . . . she was really easy on me. PHEW!!
I have tried grooming her myself . . . but when it came to the anal gland and the pulling out ear hair . . . let’s just say it wasn’t pleasant for Lacy or me!! Poor little thing. It wasn’t until my sweet little neighbor Sam told me of a great groomer that he uses for his Mooshie that I was able to justify taking her to the groomer. They are great with her and the price should be more, I feel like I am robbing them!!
Grooming a Cavachon (this is Lacy’s breed) is a battle in and of itself. Trying to make them look less like a Bichon and even less like a poodle is pretty hard to do. I try to get them to do a puppy cut on her. Basically it is suppose to look like all the hair is the same length as a puppy would look. For some reason she always looks like a spazzed out Hyena when she comes back. I suppose there is only so much a groomer could do. Maybe next time I will try the Bichon cut, I just hate that it looks like my girlie dog has lamb chops. They claim it is to make them look more like a teddy bear. . .I don't see it though.
The funny thing is the breeder told me that she wouldn’t have the frizzy curly hair or the eye-stain of a Bichon, well she has both. Not a big deal, she fits in perfectly with my imperfections!!

8 people are bringing sexy back:
♥ My kids love the pink dog. That's what they keep saying. :)
She is absolutely adorable no matter how her hair is cug and styled.\"/ I am thinking about cutting my dogs hair for the summer. Not quite sure how he'll look with out his long hair. He will probably be funny looking, but he will be more comfortable and there will be less hair (or at least shorter hair) all over the house.
Pink WAS a great look for her! It should be a tradition.\"/
She is SO pretty. She looks a lot better. I can't believe how long that jello lasted. I just want you to know we are kindred, in the fact that I too HATE confontation. I would have made Ryan take her in too. ;)
Oh, I remember her as that little puppy! So cute!! The pink was cool and it was NOT harmful to her at all... do it again if you ask me! :) I don't think Skipps will ever need to be taken to the groomers, he's so short haired... nice! I should post a pic, one of his ears has popped up and it's so funny that he has one up and one flopped.... Puppies!!
aw, little lacey. i wish i could doggie sit her again! i hate that erik will never ever let me get a dog again, because i love dogs, too! she is cutie :)
Sweet, cute "Yacie"! (As the twins call her). I liked the pink better. What's next? I think you should go for the red, white, and blue for your b-day!
haha!! of course you can babysit!!! :-) your doggy is so cute!!! we miss you guys! hope we can see each other soon! Freakin gas prices suck...we're like stranded up the hill cuz we're too poor to drive down! ;-)
WAY CUTE DOG!!
Post a Comment