I will warn you; this is going to be a marathon of a blog! This weekend has been one of the best weekends since living in California. This weekend will be known as the continuation of Ryan’s birthday.
This is not to take away from the wonderful birthday weekend in Vegas, where we had the majority of my most favorite people in the world join us for a weekend in Sin City!! Every September around Ryan’s birthday there is an awesome hockey game at the MGM Grand. So we go to the game and play around the rest of the weekend. This year was a blast!! We didn’t have the usually large group since there were two weddings that we missed that same weekend and most of our friends and family went to those instead (what can I say we have our priorities). That however is a whole other blog. But I will add (if she is reading this), Michelle, thanks for dodging puddles and wearing a bag with me!! You are my favorite person to walk through the sports den with!!
Sorry for being side tracked. So the best weekend started with Friday night. Ryan was in charge of putting a holiday party together for his employees. We rented a room at Dave and Buster’s with a Buffet and a comedy troop to perform. It was a lot of fun! There were around 30+ people there and the comedy troop was an adaptation of “Whose Line Is It Anyway”. Then I helped him with a raffle where we gave out a bunch of money and a digital camera. The best part about that was I got to buy the items for the raffle. Great way to help my shopping fix but not spend any of my money! Then we got to play video games. I totally smoked the sniper game!! Maybe I will join the NRA!? Ryan found that he has a knack for trivia. So Brain will have some competition!! If I were to bet I would put my money on Brain!! I still love you though Ryan!!
Saturday we got to sleep in!! Then our niece Aubrey came over. I was trying to teach her how to play video games. I know, I am not a very good example. But I think she enjoyed kicking my butt!! She doesn’t need to know that I handed it to her willingly. While Ryan went to take her to her dance class I got ready so that we could go see “Wicked”!! Ryan got these great tickets from his Parents for his birthday. We saw the play back in February this year. But Ryan and I enjoyed it so much that he asked for tickets for his birthday. It was so much fun!! To quote Wicked, “It was Festivalious!!”Outside of the fact that we had some really annoying people sitting behind us, it was worth it!! After the play Ryan took me to one of my favorite restaurants Roys!! (I know, whose birthday is this?) On the way to dinner we drove by a flat bed truck filming the car behind it, and drove by a red carpet event where there was press and paparazzi! SO HOLLYWOOD!!
Then we went to a hockey game, Brain joined us as well as Jason. Jason thank you for the pretzel!! I won’t go into too much detail. However, I would recommend that you read up on this game!! THE BEST GAME EVER!!! They are trying to find a name for it since it will be in the record books!! For those of you who don’t follow Hockey I will try and make this simple (which is easy for me since I am simple minded!). Basically, we made it to the last period of the game with no goals. At about 5 minutes left to the game we were down by 4 goals. Well, the Kings picked it up and was able to score 5 goals in about five minutes. The Stars tied it with us and we went into overtime, which we won!! I have never been in the Staples Center where the crowd was going crazy!! I can safely say that if there was a mediocre fan in the crowd they didn’t leave as just a run of the mill fan, but a full fledged FANatic!!! It was great!! Ryan completely deserved that win!! He was such a kick to watch during the win. If you have ever had the chance to see Ryan truly happy and excited then you would understand how contagious it is! He is completely charming, cheerful, and youthful. Such a cute boy!!! Everyone was taking notice on happy and excited he was. A six foot four guy almost in tears is hard to miss in a crowd!!
Then on Sunday (yes, we missed church) we went to the “Meet the Players” Kings team autograph signing. It was a lot of fun!! It was held at Hollywood park (horse racing track). So put me in a building where I can look at horses and eye candy, I am a happy girl!! I couldn’t believe the lines to get an autograph. So Ryan and I found that we could stand behind the players and take a shot that way without the player knowing. That way we have proof that we were only two feet away from a NHL player. We stood in line for some of the players. I really enjoyed it! They had free hot dogs, pretzels, nachos, and soda. So all around a great day!! It was such a confidence boost to be standing behind a player to try and get a picture and to have them come out of their seat to stand next to me and take a picture, when I wasn’t even in line for it!! I love FROLOV!!! They are all such studs though!! I got Kopitar to smile at me, as well as a few others!! Made my day!!
We of course had to bet on a horse just once. I think because we did it on Sunday we lost!! But that was a lot of fun too!! It is funny to watch all these angry men come swarming the track and yelling their horses’ number. Very intense!! I think Ryan and I were on TV though. This camera guy kept pointing the camera at us and waving to get us to wave back. Then he kept smiling at us. So who knows we could have been on the big screen at Vegas in their sports den. That would be cool!!
So all in all it was a great weekend!!! Happy Birthday to Ryan, again!!!
Friday, November 16, 2007
Happy Birthday to Ryan, Part Deux!
Posted by
Heather
at
11:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 people are bringing sexy back:
Pictures may come soon. Worried that the Blog may be too long as it is!!
i just read both of your new posts. i am envious to say the least. your life is so glamorous!!! i hope you wont mind hum-drumming it down a bit when we visit next week if you guys are going to be around!
That game was awesome.
Brain!! I am so glad that you came to the game with us!! That was such a great game!!
Annelise!! It is not as glamorous as you might think!! I think hanging out with you Sam, Erik, and Brain will be more fun then anything else!! I am so excited you are coming into town again!!
Post a Comment